Most important DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS of 20th April.
1 To attract foreign students government of India launches “Study in India”:-
- The Government of India has launched the ‘Study in India’ initiative to attract the international students to study in India.
- The website of study in India can be assessed at www.studyinindia.gov.in.
- External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and minister of state for human resources development Satyapal Singh jointly launched the initiative in New Delhi.
- Student can apply for different courses from 150 selected Indian Institute for which are high on NAAC and NIRF ranking.
- NAAC stands for National assessment and accreditation council.
- NIRF stands for National institutional ranking framework.
2 Vice president launch Assam Governmen cashless health Scheme:-
- Name of the scheme is Atal Amrit Abhiyan that offers free medical care of up to 2 lakh rupees for every individual from BPL and APL families.
This scheme will cover 92% of the state population with annual income below 5 lakh rupees.
- CM of Assam is Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Governor of Assam is Jagdish Mukhi.
3 1st Meeting of National council on India’s Nutrition Challenges under POSHAN Abhiyaan held in New Delhi:
- The council which has been set up under portion Abhiyan is the Apex body to formulate overall policies and monitor all nutrition based schemes.
- The meeting was chaired by Dr. Rajiv Kumar ,Vice chairman of NITI Aayog.
Some important decision taken in the meeting are:-
- 235 additional district have been confirmed as a part of phase 2 apportion Abhiyan in financial year 2018-19.
- Provision of smartphone instead of tablets two lady supervisors.
- Direct transfer of funds to state/UTs for cash award to Frontline functionaries instead of creation of Corpus fund.
4 India world’s sixth largest economy at 2.6 trillion USD IMF:-
- India’s GDP, the worth of the economy clocked in at 2.6 trillion dollar for 2017 according to the IMF’s world economic Outlook for April 2018.
- India is now the world’s sixth largest economy displacing France.
The top three economics of the world are:-
- The United States.
- MD of IMF Christine Lagarde.
- Headquarter in Washington D.C.
5 India’s rank 10th in Commonwealth innovation index:-
- As per the 2018 Commonwealth set index India fetched 10th rank in the index topped by the United Kingdom, Singapore and Canada.
- The commonwealth index has been created in partnership with the United Nation World Intellectual Property organisation and its annual Global innovation index.
- There are total 53 Common Wealth nations.
- The secretary general of Commonwealth is Patricia Scotland.
6 Madhya Pradesh conferred most film friendly award:-
- Madhya Pradesh was conferred the award for the Most Film Friendly State for its efforts towards easing filming the state by creating a well structured website and film friendly infrastructure.
- Total 16 State have participated in this award.
- The state of Uttarakhand is given a special mention certificate certificate to recognize the efforts made by the Uttarakhand toward creating a film friendly environment.
- The award will be conferred by the President of India in May 2018.
- Madhya Pradesh :- CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
- Governor :- Anandiben Patel.
7 SBI allows cash withdrawal through POS machines:-
- The country biggest lender State Bank of India has come up with an alternate and convenient method of cash withdrawal for its customer.
- The bank is not providing facilities of cash to cash @ POS initiative a customer can withdraw rupees 1000 in Tier:-1 and Tier:-2 cities where is rupees 2000 can be drawn in tier 3 2 tier 6 cities as per day per card.
- SBI chairman is Rajnish Kumar.
- Headquarter in Mumbai.
- SBI established on 1st July 1955.
8 NABARD approved rupees 14,690 crore funding to Rajasthan:-
- Rajasthan has been one of the biggest beneficiary under the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) of NABARD under which concessional loan of rupees 1,851.29 crore to the state government during 7 2017-18.
- Chairman of NABARD is Harshvardhan Kumar.
- NABARD established on 12th July 1982.
- Headquarter in Mumbai.
9 Former us first lady Barbara bus passes away:-
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush was passes away at the age of 92 he was the first lady of the USA from 1989 to 1993.
- She was the mother of another president George W Bush and one time presidential aspirant and former Florida governor Jeb Bush.
- USA 45th president:-Donald Trump.
- Currency:-US Dollar and Capital:-Washington DC.