Most important daily current affairs of 18th April 2018 for all competitive exams.
1 India signed loan Agreement with World bank for Meghalaya of 48 million USD :-
- This 48 million US dollar loan Agreement for the Meghalaya community led- landscape management project(MCLLMP).
- Objectives of the project is to strengthen community led-landscape management in selected landscape in Meghalaya.
- Mehhalaya C.M :- Conrad Sangma
Governer:- Ganga Prasad
World bank:- july1945
Head quarter:- Washington D.C
President :- Jim Yong Kim.
2 Govt. Revises to complete PMGSY target from 2022 to 2019 :-
- union govt. stated that PMGSY(Pardhan mantari gramin sadak yojna) is well on its way to achieving the target by march 2019.
3 Bangaluru higest Paying City for talent :-
- According to rent stand inside the Garden City of Bengaluru is found to be highest(11 lakh) paying city in the country.
- Pune stands second at around 10 lakh followed by Delhi NCR and Mumbai at 10 lakh and around 9 lakh respectively.
- Bangalore – capital of karnataka
- CM Sidaharamaiah
- Governor Vajubhai rudabhai vala
4 India’s projected growth rate by World Bank at 7.3% for 2018-19:-
- The World bank projected growth rate of 7.3% for India this year and 7.5% for 2019 -20 and also noted that India’s economy has recover from the impact of demonetization and GST.
5 You can join International solar Alliance during Narendra Modi hold a visit to Britain:-
- This alliance iaims to raise 1 trillion dollar of private and Public Finance to provide affordable and sustainable energy for all by 2030.
- International solar Alliance headquarter Gurugram, Haryana
- UK – London British pound
- Pm Theresa May
6 World haemophilia day 17th April:-
- WHD is recognised worldwide increase Awareness of haemophilia and other inherited bleeding disorders.
- Theme of WHD 2018 ” sharing knowledge make us stronger “.
- WHD was started in 1989 by world Federation of haemophilia on April 17 .
- WFH Founder Frank Schnabel.
7 Pulitzer prizes 2018 announced in USA :-
List of winners
- Fiction – Andrew Sean Greer For “Less novel”.
- Drama cost of living by Martina Majok.
- History- The Gulf – the making of an American Sea by Jack E Davis.
- Biography Prairie fires the American dreams of Laura Ingalls by Caroline Fraser.
- Poetry – “Half light” collected Poems 196-2016 of Frank Bidart.
- Pulitzer prizes started 1917 on the name of Joseph pulitzer.
8 Bandhan Bank Most valuable brand in India among top 50:-
- Kolkata based Bandhan Bank Limited become one of the top 50 most valuable publicly traded term in India. Its market capitalisation was at Rs 64000 crore according to BSE data.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited is the most valuable company in India followed by Reliance Industries Limited and HDFC Bank.
- MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank – Chandrashekhar Ghosh.
- Headquarter of bandhan Bank – kolkata West Bengal.
9 Yes bank Launched GST backed overdraft(OD) facility for MSMEs :-
- Yes bank Launched YES GST and overdraft facility for micro small and medium enterprises.
- MSMe can avail overdraft up to Rs 1 crore based on their annual turnover.
- Yes Bank headquarters – mumbai.
- MD and CEO Rana Kapoor.
10 Veteran journalist S. Nihal Singh passed away at the age of 88 :-
- Nihal Singh worked with several leading newspapers including Khaleej times and Indian Express.
- Lieutenant General PP Malhotra selected Given Charge of director general of NCC.
- He was the chief engineer of the army’s premier Northern Command.
- NCC is the largest uniformed youth Organisation in the world.
- Headquarter of NCC New Delhi
- Established on 16th April 1948
(Visited 253 times, 1 visits today)